Saturday, May 1, 2010

Got to the Shrimp Fest early - around 9:30 or 10, I guess. Our parking lot only had two or three other cars in it and the crowds were still minimal.

I took 93 pictures, bought a few little trinkets, and walked, and walked, and walked. Didn't help that today was HOT - I think our hottest temp so far this year. It figures! Temps always seem to rise at Shrimp Fest time.

My old legs are really aching me tonight! But it was fun. I got some good ideas for my booth May 29 in St. Marys. Looking at how professional some of the jewelry booths were, I could see they'd put a lot of $$ into their displays.

The reason there are so many dog shots in my slide show is because I felt so sorry for them! Most of them had their tongues hanging out and looked as if they were extremely uncomfortable -- and it wasn't even noon yet! The worst was a guy with a baby in the backpack -- you'll see it in the slide show. Sure, the baby was asleep, but if you look closely, you'll see he or she has their dear little face all smooshed into the side of the backpack -- and Daddy walking along, clueless. *shakes head* Why people bring infants and dogs to events like this is beyond me!!

I left about 11:30 or 12, I guess. Not sure what time it was, but I knew I'd had enough of walking. The line of cars coming onto the island stretched forever and I was really glad I'd decided to come early. Anywho -- here's the slideshow.
And as for the Kentucky Derby, well I was just so happy for jockey Calvin Borel and trainer Pletcher. Calvin was on last year's winner but this was Pletcher's first win after 24 tries! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!