Sunday, January 11, 2009

Full Moon Birthday Bead Disaster


well, I can definitely attest to the fact that it was the full moon last night. I'm sure that was a major contributing factor in the birthday beading disaster.

See, I'm trying to make this garnet necklace for my Mom's 80th birthday, right? Already blogged about the bummer beads I got. That's what I get for buying from a stranger instead of my regular vendor - anyway.

Lack of time decreed that I had to follow my own old saying and "do the best I could with what I had." I was so excited to put it together: the perfect little antiqued gold cross for the center, perfect antiqued gold rondelles for either side of the cross, sweet little "made with love" heart, perfect tiny double strand findings and clasp. I was ready...I sat for an hour before my afternoon's photo shoot (for work) and worked on the necklace and then worked on it for almost two hours last night while D watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.

The dreadful tiny garnet chips from my erstwhile strange supplier were so freaking annoying! I'm stringing them on Fireline and on about every third one, the stupid hole was too small to admit the needle. Blast!

But that's not even the worst part. I finally get all the way through the whole thing and hold it up and look...and look...and cannot believe what my eyes are seeing. The necklace is totally uneven and has to be completely redone!

Oh, man. I came so close to just bursting into tears.But I said, "No, I'm not going to do that. I'm going to walk away. Walk away."

And I did. Right over to the fridge. Pulled out that last little Coronita left over from Christmas Day. Cut a slice of lime. Squeezed that puppy into that little bottle, got me some Scoops and the rest of the guacamole dip and climbed into my recliner to watch the last 15 minutes of the movie with D.SIGHOnce the movie was over, he toddled off to bed and I decided to have one last look at the full moon.
for pix of our moonrise adventure to the beach, go http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v622/heatherp8/01-10-09%20moonrise/

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I hate it when I can't get a design to work. I feel your pain!

    Jamie
    Creations by JAE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!