Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ain't it funny how time slips away?

Daniel and yours truly, back in the day

Eighteen years ago today I met the man who is now my husband. It totally amazes me that it has been that long.

Back then, I was a newly single mom living in St. Augustine. Daniel answered an ad I'd placed in "Singles Serendipity" magazine. We talked on the phone a couple times before we decided to meet. Chose April first as our first date because there was some sort of festival going on in town that day. My son was just a little guy- about six, I think - so he tagged along.

We hit it off right away and while we were at the festival, I invited Daniel back to my place for spaghetti and meatballs. Unfortunately, I had left my keys in the house. He had to climb a ladder to the second story of my apartment building, crawl through the bedroom window and come down to let me in. Some first date, huh?

We've been through a lot together in the 18 years we've known each other. It hasn't all been peaches and cream. Heck, I was even married to someone else...briefly. But we'll celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary in September so I guess we've worked through the worst of it.

Looking back on all those years, I decided to blow off my workout today and stop by Publix and get the fixings for a nice dinner instead. The treadmill will still be there another day but it's rainy and nasty and I just wanted to go home and hang out with my man and my furkids.

So I did.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!