Saturday, April 4, 2009

This and That


Crab Agate and Red Aventurine

The storms seem to have blown out to sea finally. Thank goodness! Two nights of thunderboomers was about all I could take. It was delicious to have a good night's sleep for a change.

Awakening refreshed after my restful slumbers, I toddled to town and completed my Saturday chores in record time. Home by noon! I took advantage of the energy rush to do something about my winter weary front porch. Hosed down the chairs, scrubbed the table, swept the concrete. Even gave my hanging plants a bit of healthy new soil to awaken them from their slumbers.

After a nummy tuna sandwich and gatorade lunch, eaten while reading the latest issue of Time magazine, I set to work on my latest creation: a crab agate and red aventurine necklace.

Being relatively new to the scene, I'm not sure what the protocol is about combining Swarovski crystals with gemstones , but for some reason, these particular smoky Swarovskis seemed a nice compliment to the creamy red aventurine. I love the crab agate, too, and couldn't resist sprinkling in a few small fire polished Czech glass beeds and of course, my beloved delicas had to be added as well.

Now I'm going to see what else I can get into before it's time to fix supper. Hope everyone's enjoying this gorgeous Spring as much as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!