Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fish in the Waiting Room


When we were walking through Baptist Hospital to the PACE Center get my pre-op stuff done this morning, we passed this fabulous aquarium full of the most beautiful fish. I couldn't resist taking some pix. The one little guy with the mouthful of teeth seemed as interested in us as we were in him! One of these days, I'd like to have an aquarium again. They're so relaxing to watch. These are salt water fish. Lots of work -- but they certainly are beautiful!
Everything went fine for the pre-op stuff. Chest x-ray and EKG. When the woman was taking my blood (three vials!) she asked me, "Are you all right?" "Oh, I'm just reciting a poem to myself," I said. "It's what I do to keep my mind off what you're doing."

Doc sez I'll be in the hospital anywhere from 3 to 5 days after, depending on what he finds once he gets in there. The more extensive the repair job, the longer it'll be before I can get home to Daniel and the kitties. But the good news is, he said I can go back to work as soon as I feel able...and he signs my medical release. YAY!!

I can wear makeup (oh, thank goodness for that!!) but no jewelry and no finger nail polish. And of course, I gotta remove ye olde choppers. I made the intake nurse write it in the chart -- please do not let my husband see me without my teeth! hahahahaha

Tomorrow afternoon, I have to go in search of a nightgown. Turns out I won't be able to wear the new pj's I bought because my tummy will be too tender. I gotta get some BIG granny panties, a robe and some slippers. Looks like a trip to Wally World is in order. I don't usually wear nightgowns because I don't like the way they get all bunched up when I thrash around in bed trying to sleep. So annoying!

I'm thinking about taking a couple beading projects to work on while I'm laid up at the hospital. Maybe I can interest some of the nurses in my work, huh? I may even make up a couple little keychains to bring with me just to give to the nurses who wait on me. Those women work long hours and deserve to be rewarded for their compassionate care.

Anywho - that's what's up in my corner of the world.

3 comments:

  1. You've had way to much going on and I'm catching up! I love your fuzzy bracelet and your sundress. So sorry about your upcoming surgery, but sounds like you've found yourself an excellent surgeon. I'll be thinking about you!

    Hugs--

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog quite by accident. I wish you luck with your surgery. It sounds like you found a surgeon that pays attention to the patient and not his good looks.
    I am scheduled for surgery myself on July 7. I am in for a spinal reconstruction. I understand how you feel being unable to stand, set, or other wise without pain. It sure can wear you down.
    Your beading is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!