Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mixing gemstones with glass pearls and Czech glass beads

I seem to be somewhat addicted to the gemstone donuts, don't I? 
When they work up as pretty as this one, why not?
A picture jasper donut combines with red aventurine beads, leopardskin jasper chips, glass pearls, firepolished Czech glass beads and of course, my beloved delicas in this interesting piece.
I went ahead and used the two remaining red aventurine beads to make matching earrings suspended from antiqued brass earwires.

In other news:
The countdown has begun for Fun in the Sun. May 23rd will find my friend and beading buddy Keli and I up in St. Marys, Ga. for what we hope will be a very lucrative and fun event.

1 comment:

  1. All the best for your trip! I love your necklace and your picture. I gotta start putting my name on my pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!