Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mother's Day preparations


With Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought it best to get my gifts completed so they could reach my Mother and Mother-in-Law on time.

For my Mother, I made a rosary. I wished I'd had more faceted jet black beads to do the whole thing in them, but I only had enough to use them as the Pater beads and accent beads. The gemstone is labradorite. This gemstone is thought to bring good luck.




For my Mother in Law, I made a red agate necklace. I absolutely adore the little bug-eyed fish focal point and must make one of these for myself sometime soon. When I looked up red agate on the web, I found this:
Agate belongs to the class of stones of chalcedony and comes in shades of color and translucency. This is a stone that has been associated with powers of healing, rejuvenation as well as the ‘chi’ enhancer. In historical times this stone was often placed in the cooking pot to dispel illness. Red Agate is generally used to encourage the flow of good luck. Used to promote prosperity and the growth of all things, this good luck bringer may be used both for business as well as your private life.

Okay, well - that's about all for now. Gotta get back to work preparing for Fun in the Sun on May 23.
Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving me a comment!